Call Toll Free
ExtremEtch produces an evenly distributed matte coating, without sacrificing the high tolerance features needed to meet our customers' extrusion requirements. Some of the great benefits of this process include: ability to hold the tightest tolerances, and the distinct matte finish.
Alexandria Industries introduced the Extremetch™ process to the aluminum extrusion marketplace, providing a unique advantages to its customers' product lines.
1. Uniform finish
2. Deep matte finish
3. Minimal reflectivity levels
4. Very low gloss reading levels
5. Hides marks, scratches and abrasions
6. Tolerance control with process repeatability
7. Significant reduction of material removal
• Threaded holes
• Critical I.D. and O.D. dimensions
8. Minimized oxide coating thickness
9. Greater wear resistance - Taber Abrasion Test (MIL-A-8625)
10. Greater density
11. Eliminates costly secondary mechanical finishing operations such as media blasting (i.e. - Sand blast, Bead blast, Ceramic blast, Glass blast etc.)
12. Eliminates ghosting, a direct result of process variance and residues of media blasting
Visit our ExtremEtch white paper for more information on this process. If you would like samples for further inspection and/or testing, please contact us. We are eager to assist you in your transition to ExtremEtch.
Metals Commodity Buyer
Defense and Firearms Manufacturer