The right Thermal solutions
What is a Folded Fin Heat Sink?
- .010" to .032" sheet aluminum or copper folded into fins
- Fin heights from .020" to 2.75"
- Fin widths up to 24.0 inches
- Fin densities: 4 to 38 fins per inch
- The closest fins can be spaced is four times the material thickness
- Aluminum or copper base
- High thermal conductivity epoxy to attach fins to base
Features and benefits of folded fin heat sinks:
- Can be used in both natural and forced convection applications
- Increased surface area to cool more efficiently
Typical Folded Fin Heat Sink Applications:
- High density cooling of power modules
- IGBT's or transistors
- Motor drives
- Automotive electronics
"We recently had a new heat sink designed. Alexandria Industries did a great job expediting the tooling and getting product to us to meet our needs. Lead time often can be critical meeting our customers' expectations."
Senior Engineering Manager
Automotive Electronics Manufacturer