Our ExtremEtch™ Uniform Matte Finish
Our ExtremEtch™ uniform matte finish hides marks, scratches and abrasions without sacrificing an aluminum extruded profile's tolerance requirements. This chemical finishing process helps us avoid sacrificing high-tolerance features many engineers need for their aluminum extrusion product designs.
Benefits of this proprietary chemical finish include the ability to hold the tightest tolerances, giving us a unique advantage over competitors, while also giving our customers' products their own competitive advantage.
The 6000 aluminum alloys series will see the best results using our ExtremEtch™ matte finishing option.
Advantages of ExtremEtch
- Uniform finish
- Deep matte finish
- Minimal reflectivity levels
- Very low gloss reading levels
- Hides marks, scratches and abrasions
- Tolerance control with process repeatability
- Significant reduction of material removal (threaded holes, critical I.D. and O.D. dimension)
- Eliminates costly secondary mechanical finishing operations such as media blasting (e.g. sand blast, bead blast, ceramic blast, glass blast, etc.)
- Eliminates Ghosting, a direct result of process variance and residues of media blasting
Read this white paper, Benefits and Costs of Various Mechanical Finishes for more information on our finishing capabilities.
The Aluminum Extruders Council also provides background information on different finishing operations.