WHAT: Alexandria Industries’ 11th Annual ‘Fishing for the Cure’ Ice Fishing Tournament
DATE: February 18, 2017
TIME: Tournament officially starts at 12 noon and ends at 3 p.m.
LOCATION: Smith Lake (Douglas County) – Off Smith Lake Rd SE and Country Road 82/Hwy 27 Map
Entry tickets are $10 (before 12pm) and $20 (after 12pm) on Friday, Feb. 10, and can be purchased on Smith Lake the day of the event. Tickets are sold at the following locations:
- Alexandria Industries (Receptionist) – Alexandria
- Alexandria Precision Machining (Receptionist) – Alexandria
- Christopherson Bait Shop – Alexandria
- Elden’s Fresh Foods – Alexandria
- Paul’s Small Engines – Alexandria
- The General Store – Osakis
- Cash prizes awarded for 1st, 2nd & 3rd place fish by weight (tiebreaker is time weighed in) in five categories: walleye, northern, crappie, sunfish, and perch
- If a category does not fill, remaining prize money goes to the American Cancer Society
- All entry ticket holders are eligible to win a great door prize (must be present to win)
- Participants must observe all Minnesota fishing rules and regulations
- Tournament allows fish house shelters
- Participants can fish anywhere on Smith Lake
- Family-fun tournament is open to everyone
- Special prizes given to all kids 12 and under entered in the tournament
- $5 raffle tickets are sold at the locations listed above and by tournament committee members; also available during the tournament (need not be present to win)
- 1st prize: Ice Castle–Grandpa’s Hideout Fish House ($8,500 value)
- 2nd prize: Otter XT Lodge Ice Shelter ($799 value)
- 3rd prize: LG 55” 1080p Smart HDTV ($700 value)
- 4th prize: Ion 40V 8” Electric Ice Auger ($499 value)
- 5th prize: Two Ice Fishing Rod/Reel sets, lithium ion fillet knife, ice fishing gear bag and tackle bag ($280 value)
- 6th prize: Big Buddy Heater ($150 value)
- Proceeds benefit the American Cancer Society’s Relay For Life of Douglas County.
About Fishing for the Cure
Created by a small group of Alexandria Industries employees, the Fishing for the Cure Ice Fishing Challenge is about everyday people making a difference in the fight against cancer. At its first event held in 2007, 112 people fished and raised $620. In 2016, 776 people participated in the tournament, including 152 children age 12 or younger, raising more than $25,000 for the American Cancer Society’s Relay For Life. With a goal to raise $30,000 at this year’s tournament, Fishing for the Cure will exceed $100,000 in total funds given to find a cure for cancer. See more details on Facebook – Fishing for the Cure.
About Alexandria Industries
Alexandria Industries delivers customized aluminum extrusions, precision machined products, heatsinks, and plastic injection and foam-molded components, as well as finishing and assembly services, to manufacturing companies who make products that people use everyday. Headquartered in Alexandria, Minn., Alexandria Industries has manufacturing locations in Minnesota, Indiana and Texas. See us on Facebook, YouTube, and LinkedIn.
# # #
Tournament Contacts: Robbie Betterman (320) 491-7205 or Nancy Waldorf (320) 808-1932
About Alexandria Industries
Alexandria Industries, with ISO 9001:2015-certified facilities, is a multifaceted, high quality, short lead-time producer of engineered products that meet customers’ exact specifications. The company delivers customized aluminum extrusions, precision machining of ferrous and non-ferrous products, heatsinks, and plastic injection and foam molded components, as well as finishing, welding and assembly services. Its collective scope of processes and services simplifies supply chain management. Alexandria Industries is headquartered in Alexandria, Minn., with manufacturing locations in Minnesota, Indiana and Texas. See us on Facebook, YouTube, LinkedIn and Twitter.